Super food = super delicious! I'm trying to find ways to replace meat with something "meaty" that will keep me fuller, longer. Butternut squash is perfect for this! Toppings can be substituted for whatever you have on hand, the possibilities are endless.
- 1 handful chopped kale (or kale salad with cabbage & carrots)
- 1 cup diced butternut squash (I bought mine already diced from Shoprite!)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon sliced pepperoncinis
- 3-4 grape tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Roast the diced butternut squash with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, salt and pepper on 375 degrees for about 30 mins. Depending on the size of your dices, this could take more or less time.
- While your squash is roasting, you can prepare the rest of the salad. Throw all remaining ingredients (including the remaining teaspoon of olive oil and salt/pepper) into a small/medium basin and toss to combine.
- Once the squash is roasted - let it cool completely so that it doesn't wilt the kale when added to the salad.
Serving suggestion: Put the salad mixture on your plate or bowl first, then top with the cooled squash. Enjoy!