Dinner made easy! This trout is cooked in a pouch made of foil paper so the juices & flavor stay put!
Time: 25 mins
- 2 rainbow trout , cleaned with the head cut off
- 1/2 large ripe tomato
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 sheets of aluminum foil (enough to cover & wrap the fish in
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Lay out the pieces of foil on a counter, drizzle the olive oil across both pieces & sprinkle the salt & pepper.
- Rinse the trout with cold water then squeeze the lemon juice all over & inside.
- Crush the garlic cloves & dice the tomatoes, stuff both pieces of trout.
- Place the trout in the middle of each piece of foil, then wrap the sides over & fold up the two ends so the steam stays locked in.
- Put the fish in a cookie sheet or Pyrex bowl, then place it in a 450 degree oven for 12 mins.
- Open the foil for both pieces of fish, then place the pan back in the oven & let it get crispy for 3-5 mins.
- Served with my basmati tamarind rice - search the blog for this recipe!