Pressed for time and guests are on their way? Have no fear! Here's a crispy, fresh appetizer or snack that will take less than 10 minutes to make! I fancied it up by shaping it into a flower for a bright spring look.
Because of their fresh crunch, endives are a great substitute for crackers and are much healthier. I used a purple endive for my "spring flower" creation and paired it with brie, green apple, almond slices, honey and cracked black pepper - the combination of flavors is intense & delicious!
Time: Less than 10 mins
- 1 green apple
- 1 endive (green or purple, your choice)
- About 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 tablespoons almond slices (tip: buy these pre-sliced)
- 1-2 slices of brie
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
- Wash the endive and pull the leaves off one by one so you can fill them. Make sure any excess water is wiped off with a paper towel. I formed mine into a flower shape for a fun, spring look!
- Cut the apple into small slices and place them into the endive leaves.
- Cut the brie into smaller pieces and add them either on top of or next to the apple pieces.
- Sprinkle the almond slices, drizzle the honey, and crack the black pepper over the entire dish.
- Serve as an appetizer or healthy snack - enjoy!