Easter dinner is ready! I used a few of my fave spices for lamb & had a simple salad on the side. The best part about this dish is that it's bursting with flavor & it was sooo easy to make. Pair this with a nice full-bodied velvety red wine, it's heaven! Recipe below!
- 2.5lb boneless leg of lamb
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin, chili powder & black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Salt to taste
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the lamb coating both sides. Set aside.
- Chop the fresh rosemary & garlic cloves on a cutting board, then add the remaining spices. Mix to combine.
- Add olive oil to the mixture & combine so it turns into a paste.
- Take the lamb & rub the spice mixture all over it, try to push some inside if you can without bursting the string holding it together.
- Place the lamb in a large skillet on medium heat, fat side facing down.
- Let the lamb sear for about 30 seconds on all sides (use tongs to turn it) or until the lamb is browned/slightly charred.
- Put a wire rack inside a 13x9 inch Pyrex, spray cooking spray over it.
- Place the lamb leg on top of the wire rack, loosely cover it with foil, & roast in a 325 degree oven for 1.5 - 2 hours depending on your preferred rareness.
- Serve hot, slice against the grain.