Need a quick dinner idea? Try this super fast shrimp scampi recipe! It requires a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge, and takes just 30 mins to make! Recipe serves 4, but you can halve the ingredients if you want a quick dinner for 2, or double it for an easy catering-sized portion!
Time: 30 - 40 mins
- 1 bag of peeled & deveined frozen shrimp
- 1 pack of linguine pasta
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1.5 tablespoons salt
- 1 handful fresh parsley leaves + additional for garnish
- 1.5 tablespoons coarse black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 bottle of a dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Defrost the bag of shrimp in a large basin with cool water for 20 mins.
- Cook the whole pack of linguine al dente, place in a serving dish and set aside.
- Melt the minced garlic and butter down in a pot or pan, until the garlic is golden brown.
- Squeeze lemon juice inside the pot then add the salt, black pepper and some of the fresh parsley.
- Add 1/2 the bottle of white wine, bring to a boil then lower to a simmer.
- Add the shrimp to the pot, and cook until the shrimp is done (it will be pink).
- Scoop the shrimp out of the pot, and place it over the linguine.
- Bring the sauce back to a boil, and let it boil down to about half.
- Pour the reduced sauce over the shrimp and linguine and serve! Garnish with the remaining fresh parsley.