Tofu is not my fave ingredient... until it's smothered in a yummy sauce! While keeping a 9-day fast for Navratri, I'm eating only vegetarian meals. I decided to make some homemade Thai Green Curry with tofu! Served over brown rice to keep it healthy. And it is delish!
- 1/2 pack extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 handful chopped cabbage or veggie of your choice
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a large saucepan, heat the vegetable oil to medium heat with the onion, ginger & garlic for ~3 minutes.
- Cut half the pack of tofu into small cubes, add them to the pan. Let them brown slightly for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the curry paste, coconut milk, cabbage, salt & pepper.
- Sauté so the curry paste dissolves into the coconut milk. Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice & enjoy!