How many of you are jumping on the spaghetti squash bandwagon? It's wonderful until you sadly realize that it's never really going to have the same flavor profile as spaghetti. I started experimenting ways to make spaghetti squash pop on its own. Think fresh ginger slices, coriander & cumin, tossed with crunchy bites of zucchini... yes, you need this recipe!
Time: 15 mins + time to soften/bake the spaghetti squash
- Filling from 1 spaghetti squash, seeds removed
- 1 zucchini
- 1 small piece fresh ginger (~ 2" length)
- 1.5 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Peel & dice the zucchini into small cubes.
- Peel the outter skin off of the ginger & slice it into thin strips.
- In a medium frying pan, heat oil to medium heat & add the zucchini, ginger, cumin, & coriander.
- Toss for a few minutes (~3) so the ginger infuses the zucchini.
- Add spaghetti squash, salt & pepper. Toss to incorporate all ingredients.
- Enjoy cool or warm, up to you!