Juicy, crispy, spicy & EASY! These wings will be a hit at any party or as an appetizer for dinner... or have them as a light snack. The best part? They're baked, not fried!
Time: 1.5 hours total
- 1 pack Purdue wingettes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili (finely chopped)
- Bring 3 cups of water to boil in a large pot.
- Add garlic powder & onion powder - stir & add wings.
- Boil for about 15 - 20 mins, not completely cooked through.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Then, put a wire rack on top of it. Spray the wire rack with cooking spray.
- Strain the chicken wings & use tongs to place them evenly on the wire rack.
- Bake on 375 for 40-45 mins or until golden brown, cooked through.
- Use a small bowl to mix all of the remaining spices together.
- Take the wings out of the oven & dip each of them in the spice rub one by one. You want to roll them around so they're coated evenly.
- Serve alone or with your favorite dip!