Who's doing Meatless Monday's?? Add this to your lunch menu! It's a fast salad that you can make the night before and bring to lunch. You can play around with ingredients/spices but the best part is, it tastes great cold or hot! We love versatile lunches!
Time: 25 mins
- 1 cup quinoa (organic whole grain preferred!)
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 Garden Burger veggie burgers
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Grape or cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Make quinoa according to instructions on your packet. Flavor with salt & pepper.
- Strain and wash the can of chickpeas - also season with salt & pepper.
- Use a knife to cut your veggie burgers into bite-sized pieces (while they're still semi-frozen).
- In a medium frying pan, pan-fry the veggie burger pieces until golden brown (I sprayed a little cooking spray in the pan first, so I didn't have to use any extra oil).
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together until well-combined. Drizzle olive oil over the mixture and toss lightly. Enjoy!