Who else is obsessed with hummus? I usually settle for store-bought hummus but I wanted to experiment with different flavors & create a homemade version. So easy & so healthy for you!
Time: 10 mins
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (I used Sambal Oelek from the Asian aisle!)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon tahini sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Open the can of chickpeas & rinse them in a strainer.
- Put all ingredients except the olive oil into a food processor (careful when juicing the lemon to not let seeds into the mix!)
- Pulse until smooth.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the olive oil into the food processor then pulse for another 15 seconds.
- Scoop the hummus into a serving dish & drizzle with the remaining olive oil.