Oh my god. These are the kind of dishes I risk becoming overweight for! Melts in your mouth, tastes like heaven & is so easy to make! Takes a little longer than the normal lamb chop dinner but it is soooo worth it. Trust me.
Time: 1.5 hours & time for marinating
- 1 lamb loin with ~6-7 chops (trimmed & pre-cut)
- 1.5 tbsp of Harissa
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 mint leaves, chopped
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Remove the thyme leaves from the stems & combine with the chopped mint & black pepper if you are using.
- Make a paste with the seasonings & the Harissa.
- Spread Harissa mixture all over the lamb (this is why you might not need salt, Harissa is very salty!).
- Place the seasoned loin in a basin & add the garlic & bay leaf. Let sit in the fridge overnight (or for 2 nights if you have time!) to marinate.
- When you're ready to cook the loin, remove it from the fridge & let it sit & get to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Pan-sear the lamb (in an oven safe dish if you have one!), fat side facing down first, to give it a nice char. Flip so it browns on each side for about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the lamb to an oven safe dish & seal it tightly with foil wrap.
- Cook on 275 for about 1 hour or until desired doneness.